Your Rights and Responsibilities
My rights include:
- Exercise informed choice and control, respecting my right to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making.
- Have my culture, identity, beliefs and choices recognised and respected
- Be treated as an individual, and with dignity and respect.
- Have my personal privacy respected
- Have information about me and my health kept secure and confidential
- Have information presented to me using the language, mode of communication and terms that I will understand.
- Receive support to make informed choices, exercise control and maximise my independence.
- Be involved in decisions made about me and my home.
- Receive sufficient time to consider and review my options and seek advice including assessment, planning, provision, review and exit.
- Be cared for in an environment that makes me feel safe
- Access policies, procedures and practices that actively prevent violence, abuse, neglect, exploitation or discrimination.
- Provide feedback or make a complaint without it affecting the way that I am treated
- Have my concerns addressed in a transparent and timely way
- Share my experience and participate to improve the quality of care.
My responsibilities include:
- Tell Royal Rehab how I want to be supported
- Listen to others
- Be involved in house meetings
- Participate in the running of my home
- Participate in household activities
- Not share personal information about my housemates
- Not break the law
- Not damage the property
- Be willing to pay for any damages that I may cause
- Allow regular inspections of my home.
- Talk to Royal Rehab staff members if I have concerns or complaints.
Feedback and Complaints
Royal Rehab welcomes all forms of feedback including complaints. Our priority is to continuously be improving our service provision. We treat all feedback and any complaints professionally and confidentially.
In the first instance you have feedback or a complaint, we encourage you to speak with your Social Worker or Accommodation Manager. Should your matter not be resolved to your satisfaction, please contact the Quality & Risk Manager on 9808 9222 or fill in our online feedback form. Every effort will be made to address your concerns and find a satisfactory outcome.
In the event, that your complaint remains unresolved, you can contact the NDIS Commission details of which are available here.