Sexuality Training and Education for Clinicians
Pleasure and relationships for every body
Royal Rehab is pleased to offer training programs and workshops for clinicians to upskill, improve knowledge and understanding around a wide range of sexuality topics.
Chat to our friendly team
Our workshops involve didactic presentation, videos, discussion, reflection, role play and skill acquisition. These are sex positive, inclusive workshops and all training sessions are fully clothed with no intimate touch involved. We offer these workshops onsite at Royal Rehab or virtually. Training can be tailored to individual work settings, please inquire about topics and quotes for team-based training.
To view our upcoming workshops, visit our events page.
Introduction to Sexuality and Sexual Wellbeing
First Base is a one-day workshop aimed at health professionals working in neurological disability, rehabilitation and chronic health settings.
Learning objectives include:
- Develop a broad understanding of the spectrum of human sexuality
- Explore current sexuality and gender concepts relevant to comprehensive inclusive rehabilitation
- Identify sexual dysfunction and distress with your clients
- Develop skills in sexual health assessment, screening and referral
- Develop a sexual health and relationship referral pathway for people living with neurological injury or illness
- Develop competency in addressing sexuality in health care and rehabilitation.
Sexuality and Sexual Wellbeing
Second Base is a one-day workshop aimed at health professionals working in neurological disability, rehabilitation, and chronic health settings.
Learning objectives include:
- Develop a broad understanding of human sexual response
- Critique the impact neurological injuries, illness and chronic health conditions have on sexual response
- Explore sexual consent in the context of intimate relationships and capacity
- Develop further skills in sexual health assessment, screening, intervention, and referral
- Learn evidence-based interventions for working with common challenges in sexuality and neurological disability, rehabilitation, and chronic health conditions.
- Explore strategies for working with families or care givers whose attitudes are not sex positive and can create barriers for safe sexual expression.
What makes our team different?
Our psychosexual therapists are qualified health professionals who have completed post graduate, specialist qualifications in psychosexual therapy and are members of the Society of Australian Sexologists (SAS).
Royal Rehab is Australia’s leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services. Our psychosexual therapists have unique access to a multidisciplinary team of professionals including speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, and social workers. For you, this means a holistic approach to your sexual health and wellbeing. Some aspects related to sexual health and function require the expertise of doctors, and referrals can be made through us.
We welcome you
This service is available to anyone over 16 years of age who has experienced illness, injury or disability. We embrace clients from diverse sexual backgrounds, identities, communities, and lifestyles. These include, but are not limited to, LGBTQIA+, non-binary and gender expansive, kink/BDSM, sex work and ethical non-monogamy.
Fees and Charges
Royal Rehab is an accredited NDIS provider, and the cost of our Sexuality Service may be funded through the NDIS.
Fees may also be covered by icare, other compensable insurance schemes, or you can self-fund.