Public Outpatient Clinics
Royal Rehab provides a range of allied health therapies in individual and group formats via our public outpatient clinics located at our Ryde campus.
Whether you only need one type of therapy or an entire multidisciplinary team, we can tailor our offering to your individual circumstance. You may want to access this service if you have had a recent hospitalisation, a new onset injury or illness or exacerbation of a chronic condition and are looking to regain strength, function or mobility. This program is covered by Medicare and public health funding therefore no additional fees apply.
Our Public Outpatient Program offers the following:
- Specialist neurological rehabilitation for a variety diagnosis including stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, and multiple sclerosis
- Specialist rehabilitation for persons with chronic disability
- Access to a rehabilitation specialist
- Joint goal setting with you and your family or persons involved in your care
- Goal review meetings based on your individual need – typically on a 12-week basis
- Linkage to community services and assistance with NDIS planning
- Individual or group programs, including group hydrotherapy*
- Referrals to relevant services post program and discharge summary with goals to you and your general practitioner.
* Based on availability and clinical needs.
To be eligible for Public Outpatient Program you must meet the following criteria:
- A resident of the Northern Sydney Local Health District
- Sustained a recent injury, illness or undergone surgery or experienced an exacerbation of a chronic condition
- Have functional goals that can be achieved in a 12-week time period
- Motivated to achieve set goals
- Have transport to attend appointments at Royal Rehab, Ryde.