Home-Based Rehabilitation Programs Sydney
Royal Rehab provides a specific, short-term rehabilitation program in your home or community following hospitalisation or changes in your function due to an illness, injury or exacerbation of a chronic condition.
We developed this unique offering whereby specialist allied health professionals and registered nurses will assist you to regain function in your daily activities to help you achieve as much independence as possible. This program is covered by Medicare, NDIS and public health funding therefore no additional fees apply.
Our home-based rehab program offers the following:
- Specialist neurological rehabilitation for a variety of diagnosis including stroke, Parkinson’s Disease and multiple sclerosis
- Specialist orthopaedic rehabilitation for a variety of diagnosis including fracture, joint replacements and amputations
- Specialist rehabilitation for reconditioning following surgery, debility from hospital stay and exacerbation of chronic conditions
- Multidisciplinary and holistic approach to your needs – our team includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, social workers, allied health assistants and a registered nurse
- Additional support can be accessed as required including neuropsychologist and rehabilitation medical specialist
- Joint goal setting with you and your family or persons involved in your care
- Referrals to relevant services post program and discharge summary with goals to you and your general practitioner.
- A resident of the Northern Sydney Local Health District
- Aged 16 or over and medically stable under the care of a general practitioner
- Sustained a recent injury, illness or undergone surgery or experienced an exacerbation of a chronic condition
- Have functional goals that can be achieved in a six-week time period
- Have a safe home environment and the required support services in place
- Consent to receive the program in your home under the agreement of your family or carer (as required)
- Require a multidisciplinary program (i.e. minimum two disciplines).
Referrals to the program can be made by your treating inpatient team or your general practitioner. Referrals from hospital should be made at least 48 hours prior to planned discharge date.
Please see our brochure for full program details.