Clinical Therapies Sydney
Royal Rehab offers the full range of clinical therapies to support adults with chronic or complex conditions.
Our comprehensive range of therapies mean our clients benefit from a holistic collaborative approach where the most appropriate combination of different therapies is brought together to give you the best possible outcomes.
Our therapies include:
- Occupational therapy
- Case management
- Speech pathology
- Recreational therapy
- Clinical horticultural therapy
- Social work
- Clinical psychology and neuropsychology
Our range of therapies
Occupational therapy can enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. An occupational therapist will work with you to enhance your independence in the things you want, need or are expected to do, by modifying the activity, task or environment. Below are some of the specific areas in which our occupational therapists may be able to provide support.
- Complex home modifications
- Assistive technology prescription and review-including wheelchairs, hoists, beds and daily living aids
- Assessments and recommendations to support Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) and Supported Independent Living (SIL)
- Assessments and recommendations to support a Housing Solutions report
- NDIS Care needs and/ or functional assessment and recommendations
- Capacity building in activities of daily living and support worker/ attendant care worker training
- Cognitive rehabilitation strategies
- Assessment and recommendations to support optimal positioning
- Driver assessment and training
- Vehicle modifications prescription
Get started or refer to this service
Anyone can refer to Royal Rehab’s Clinical Therapies including self-referrals, medical professionals, and insurance agencies.
Clinical Therapies can be funded through icare and other third party insurers or the NDIS (under Improved Daily Living or Social and Community Participation). The option to self-fund is also available.
For more information on Referrals or Funding, contact one of our experts today:
World Physiotherapy Day
In Royal Rehab’s 120th year of operation, we reflected on our rich past and spoke to three former physiotherapists about their time working here, how physiotherapy has changed over the years and what they would say to anyone contemplating a future career in the profession.