- Salary Packaging Available
- Up to Level 4 dependent on experience and skills
- 12 month contract (32 hours per week commencing 27th July)
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role..
Please note, this is not an “ordinary” Vocational Consultant role! If you are inspired by helping people to achieve their own goals, passionate about the benefits of work and want to go home each day feeling like you’ve truly made a difference, then read on.
On a day to day basis, you will be delivering vocational counselling, injury management, return to work and other employment-related support. Every day is different – you might be working with a farmer, a carpenter, an artist or a student. Our newly injured participants are highly motivated to return to their employment, voluntary work and/ or study, yet sometimes face significant and complex barriers. This unique role is about “meeting people where they’re at” - positively promoting the benefits of a timely return (when they are ready) and inspiring hope for their future. This really is a job where it’s more about the person, and less about the numbers!
Our primary focus is assisting people to return to their pre-injury role, study or employer (or get some ideas about a new career they can get passionate about), and there’s no hard-sell job search involved. Our program also provides information and support to employers, who often go above and beyond to assist their injured employee to return to work in a safe and sustainable way.
In this truly person-centred, goal-focused role, you will be working in a small team at the forefront of change, with the potential to influence the future of early intervention vocational rehabilitation services in Australia.
The position calls for an experienced and motivated Vocational Consultant (VC) to work within the NSW Spinal Injury Units (SIUs) to deliver vocational services. The In-Voc service is an early intervention vocational rehabilitation program that delivers vocational rehabilitation, counselling and employment-related support to participants with newly acquired spinal cord injuries both in hospital settings and beyond in the community.
Check out this link to see some of the wonderful client stories of people that the In-Voc team has supported.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering Key Vocational Counselling, return to work, injury management and other employment related support.
- Positively Promoting the benefits of a timely return
- Inspiring hope for the future
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual who is well experienced in Vocational counselling and wants to make a difference within the hospital setting and beyond into the community.
- Qualifications in Rehabilitation Counselling or equivalent vocational training and experience acceptable to ASORC and RCAA for membership. Alternatively, a qualification in Occupational Therapy will be considered if the applicant has extensive experience in different job / different employer vocational rehabilitation and a strong interest in careers counselling.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a Rehabilitation Counsellor or Occupational Therapist.
- Understanding of the issues and challenges in assisting people with severe disabilities return to work; specifically, SCI and frequent co-morbidities, for example brain injury and mental health
- Exceptional ability to develop rapport and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including people with newly acquired spinal cord injury, their families, employers, doctors, other health professionals, funders and community based vocational rehabilitation providers. Ability to carry out person-centred, strengths-based vocational counselling
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously in an out-of-office environment, while maintaining accountability and relationships with a small team
- Experience in developing and delivering training sessions to individuals and small groups
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to travel across the Sydney Metro area regularly and at times outside of the immediate metropolitan area for occasional visits to workplaces/employers when essential
- Well-developed computer skills
- Experience in a health setting, in particular inpatient acute and/or rehab environments
- Membership of ASORC or RCAA
- Experience working with people with an SCI
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
Address the essential criteria in your cover letter and APPLY NOW.
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Visit our Royal Rehab careers page for the position description - www.royalrehab.com.au/about-us/careers
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.