- Permanent Full-Time role
- Flexible Rostering
- Salary Packaging available
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role..
An exciting role exists for a suitably experienced Team Leader (TL) within the Disability Services team that provides a person centered approach, active support and enjoys supporting people to have a great life.
Key responsibilities include:
- The role focuses on promoting independence and fostering capacity building.
- The TL ensures that participants receive services of the highest possible standard, based on their support plans which have been developed with the participant and/or person responsible (as appropriate).
- The TL will provide high quality, professional and individualised support to Royal Rehab DS participants.
- The TL will provide support to the Service Manager in the development and implementation and regular reviewing of support plans, supervision of Disability Support Staff and administration.
- Hands on support with customers and staff
We seek a hands on, self-motivated and friendly Team Leader for Parry and Dumaresq St to join our Disability Services Team.
- Diploma in Community Services
- Demonstrated ability to provide Support Worker services (e.g. personal care; domestic assistance, meal preparation, transport, community participation, home maintenance, medication administration) to participants.
- Willingness to support clients with cognitive and/or challenging behaviours.
- Ability to work with practitioners from a range of disciplinary backgrounds to implement rehabilitation/support programs.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately and effectively, in both written and verbal forms with people at all levels of the organisation, external agencies/and Participants.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Current NSW C unrestricted drivers licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage systems of work in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy, competent administrative and documentation skills
- Experience working with people with disabilities, in particular with people who have a range of functional abilities and complex support needs.
- Qualifications relevant to Disability Support Services
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous experience in a similar position
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
Address the essential criteria in your cover letter and APPLY NOW.
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Visit our Royal Rehab careers page for the position description - www.royalrehab.com.au/about-us/careers.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
Further Enquiries: Gunta Jarjoura