- Permanent Full-Time role
- Flexible Rostering
- Salary Packaging available
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role..
An exciting role exists for a suitably experienced Team Leader (TL) within the Disability Services team that provides person centered active support and supporting people to have a great life.
Key responsibilities include:
• The role focuses on promoting independence and fostering capacity building.
• The TL ensures that participants receive services of the highest possible standard, based on their support plans which have been developed with the participant and/or person responsible (as appropriate).
• The TL will provide high quality, professional and individualised support to Royal Rehab DS participants.
• The TL will provide support to the Service Manager in the development and implementation and regular reviewing of support plans, supervision of Disability Support Staff and administration.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly Team Leader to join our Disability Services Team.
- Diploma in Community Services
- Demonstrated ability to provide Support Worker services (e.g. personal care; domestic assistance, meal preparation, transport, community participation, home maintenance, medication administration) to participants.
- Willingness to support clients with cognitive and/or challenging behaviours.
- Ability to work with practitioners from a range of disciplinary backgrounds to implement rehabilitation/support programs.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately and effectively, in both written and verbal forms with people at all levels of the organisation, external agencies/and Participants.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Current NSW C unrestricted drivers licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage systems of work in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy, competent administrative and documentation skills
- Experience working with people with disabilities, in particular with people who have a range of functional abilities and complex support needs.
- Qualifications relevant to Disability Support Services
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous experience in a similar position
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
Address the essential criteria in your cover letter and APPLY NOW.
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
Further Enquiries: Julie Irwin
0423 757 472