- Dual role with professional variety
- Permanent full time (part time considered)
- Allied health Level 3 Senior role
- Ryde location
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role..
A rare opportunity to join the Social Work and Case Management services at Royal Rehab within the Brain Injury Unit. This is a high performance team with a supportive environment for professional development and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of a high quality, evidence-based Social Work clinical service and Rehab Case Management to Clients admitted to the Brain Injury Unit (BIU).
- Counselling to assist clients and their family/carers to deal with the emotional impact of injury, illness and disability.
- Case planning, liaison, advocacy and referral to maximise access to appropriate community services.
- Discharge planning is an essential element of this role.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team colleagues to optimise client care.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Social Work and Case Management services
- Student supervision, education and teaching
We seek a self-motivated and friendly social worker and Case Manager who is looking to join a high performing team within the Brain Injury Unit.
You will be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers and commitment to the AASW Code of Ethics
- Extensive experience and clinical skills - assessment, counselling, advocacy, referral to community services and discharge planning in a health/rehabilitation setting
- Experience with the NDIS and its implications for discharge planning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a health setting with adults with a physical or cognitive disability
- Demonstrated competence in communication skills – written and verbal, negotiation, conflict resolution
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to participation in supervision and professional development
- Computer skills and demonstrated competency
- Understanding of quality improvement processes and their implementation
- Knowledge of Case Management Standards
- C Class drivers’ licence
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
“At the heart of who we are is our desire to make things better and give our patients a better new normal.”
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our patients. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
Address the essential criteria in your cover letter and APPLY NOW.
Please note, only applicants that address this criteria will be considered.
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.