- Salary packaging – up to $15,900 tax free!
- Full time – Permanent opportunity
- Supportive leadership team
- Based in Rydalmere
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
Representing a broad range of professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking. We are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence and personalised care.
About the opportunity
The Quality, Safety and Risk Officer will provide advanced strategic and operational support, to the Quality, Safety and Risk Manager and team on Clinical Governance key priorities across the two Disability Service Business Units. Working with Disability Service Executive, the role will provide support in undertaking, monitoring and achieving key Clinical Governance tasks aimed at improving the operational efficiency, performance effectiveness, patient safety, quality and experience within the Disability Service.
The successful incumbent will closely with the Group Executive Manager, Quality, Safety and Risk to ensure a collaborate approach in the development, implementation, and achievement of key deliverables.
The role requires a can-do attitude, strong customer service orientation, stakeholder rapport building exposure, experience with quality and safety systems and the ability to coordinate a diverse, high-volume workload with attention to detail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Disability Service to ensure key Clinical Governance priorities and all reporting requirements are managed, with minimal supervision, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the General Manager in the organisation of training and education sessions run by Quality, Safety and Risk Team.
- Support the Disability Services staff in the preparation for audit and accreditation requirements including: National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Practice Standards, Australian Community Industry Standard (ACIS), Disability Employment Service (DES), QIC Health and Community Services Standards, and Quality Systems Assessment in conjunction with the Quality, Safety and Risk Team.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of strategies and policies to address quality and risk issues with a focus on performance improvement and integrated clinical and corporate risk management.
- Actively contribute as part of a cohesive, engaged and high performing team that collaborates with and shares resources.
- Assist in the effective implementation of clinical governance systems and processes to collect, analyse, monitor and report on incident data to identify and proactively manage areas of risk and improvement opportunities.
- Provide support in the implementation of the clinical governance framework including; incident management system, experience and feedback system, auditing and monitoring system, accreditation and quality improvement system and related patient safety activities and risk management system.
- Support Work Health and Safety Better Practice by identifying, assessing, and monitoring hazards and risks within the workplace.
- Recognised qualification in a health-related field, or equivalent recent, relevant work experience in a health care setting, or a combination of study and work experience.
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to effectively manage time in order to prioritise competing demands.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and practical skills with Microsoft Office software and records management software and aptitude for learning other information management systems.
- Demonstrate high level oral and written communication, interpersonal and consultation skills with the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad supervision and to effectively self-manage the day-to-day workflow of the position
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and issue specific advice at all service levels in relation to clinical governance systems, processes and issues.
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now!
For more information on Royal Rehab, visit our website www.royalrehab.com.au
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check, working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.