- Salary packaging – up to $15,900 tax free!
- Full time – Permanent opportunity
- Supportive leadership team
- Based in Rydalmere
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
Representing a broad range of professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking. We are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence and personalised care.
About the opportunity…
The Quality, Safety and Risk Manager will be responsible for providing leadership for improvement projects across the two Disability Service Business Units including support for Clinical Governance functions and clinical quality oversight. The role will provide support in undertaking, monitoring, and achieving key Clinical Governance priorities aimed at improving patient safety, risk management, clinical quality, and client experience.
The successful incumbent will lead the Disability Service Quality, Safety and Risk Team and work closely with the Group Executive Manager, Quality, Safety and Risk to ensure a collaborate approach in the development, implementation, and achievement of key deliverables.
The role requires a can-do attitude, strong customer service orientation, stakeholder rapport building exposure, experience with quality and safety systems and the ability to coordinate a diverse, high-volume workload with attention to detail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality, safety and risk priorities and other related matters.
- Ensure effective implementation of clinical governance systems and processes to collect, analyse, monitor and report on incident data to identify and proactively manage areas of risk and improvement opportunities.
- Provide expertise to implement the clinical governance framework including; incident management system, experience and feedback system, auditing and monitoring system, accreditation and quality improvement system and related patient safety activities and risk management system.
- Lead quality improvement through the Disability Service Business Units, supporting improvement science and the dissemination of lessons learnt.
- Lead the preparation of accreditation and audit programs for the Disability Service Business Units including: National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Practice Standards, Australian Community Industry Standard (ACIS), Disability Employment Service (DES), QIC Health and Community Services Standards.
- Lead improvement programs that are aimed at enhancing the patient experience, improving safety culture and cultivating effective communication.
- Support Work Health and Safety Better Practice by identifying, assessing, and monitoring hazards and risks within the workplace.
- Recognised qualification in a health-related field, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of patient safety and quality improvement with proven ability to support clinical governance processes.
- Knowledge of integrated risk management principles and experience in the concepts and processes of risk management and improvement.
- Superior conceptual and analytical skills including experience interpreting complex information from numerous sources, preparing and presenting analysis and reports rapidly and accurately to a variety of audiences, and providing innovative solutions to complex patient safety issues.
- High level oral and written communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and experience in providing expert advice to multi disciplines, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Ability to work autonomously, make judgements and organise high volumes of workload with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic and issue specific advice at all service levels in relation to clinical governance systems, processes and issues.
What we offer...
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Competitive salary
- Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now!
For more information on Royal Rehab, visit our website www.royalrehab.com.au
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check, working with children check, employment history and referee checks.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process* We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.