- 12 month Maternity leave part time role - 24 hours per week
- Salary packaging available
- Flexible working arrangements
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
Representing a broad range of professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking. We are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence and personalised care.
About the role..
Support Coordination is a role to support people with a National Disability Insurance scheme (NDIS) plan to build their capacity by assisting them to:
- Understand their NDIS plan and how to use it to pursue their goals
- Connect with NDIS providers, community, mainstream and other government agencies
- Build their confidence and skills to use and coordinate their supports
The Support Coordinator will personalise their approach and provide choice and control for all participant/ participant's representatives as they will undertake a portfolio of participant/ participant's representatives with a range of abilities and needs.
Your main duties will include:
- Strengthen and enhance the participant's abilities to navigate the NDIS system, understand their NDIS plan and make their own decisions
- Support implementation of all supports in the plan, including informal, mainstream and community, as well as funded supports
- Support the participant through identifying and selecting providers, monitoring plan outcomes & plan expenditure
- Coordinate assessments, reports, and service proposals
- Capturing any required data for the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Allied Health qualifications; or minimum Certificate IV in Disability or similar; or relevant practical experience
- Dedication to support the rights of people with disability and empower choice and control
- Strong knowledge and awareness of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the changing disability sector
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with people with disability and/ or their families and support network and service providers
- Resilience and competence in high level interpersonal communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Sound time management skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to make complex judgements, prioritise tasks and take initiative
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write high quality reports
- Current Australian driver's license
Why work for us?
We are proud of our diverse and skilled team of passionate healthcare and support professionals committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. A career at Royal Rehab is the opportunity to make a difference with a progressive and innovative organisation, built on a rich history of community care since 1899.
We know diversity makes Royal Rehab a great place to work and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the people we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQA+, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our patients. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all our clients and team members. All appointments are made subject to:
- Satisfactory criminal checks,
- Working with children's checks (if applicable
- An NDIS Worker Screening Check or willingness to obtain one.
- Completion of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards online worker training module.
- Immunisation status clearance, including evidence of COVID 19 vaccinations.
In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with Royal Rehab, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.
Further Enquiries: Nicola Lennon - Ph: 0435 962 467