- MetroRehab Private Hospital
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary packaging benefits - up to $15,900 tax free!!
- Located at MetroRehab in Petersham
MetroRehab Hospital is a 37-bed private, specialist rehabilitation hospital, offering a range of personal rehabilitation programs, and is centrally located in Petersham, close to public transport and with access to off-street parking.
Our aim is to provide the highest level of patient care through dedicated staff experienced in all major rehabilitation specialties as well delivering holistic care to clients according to individualised goals and needs. Our sole focus is helping our clients/patients achieve a better quality of life through rehabilitation, and we are constantly looking at new ways to help improve outcomes.
With over 30 years’ experience in providing private rehabilitation services, we are dedicated to promoting the independence of our patients and development of our staff.
If you strive for quality in delivering excellent patient care and would like to join our rehabilitation team, apply today! We look forward to welcoming you to MetroRehab.
About the role…
Your main Duties will include:
- Comprehensive and prompt admission of patients with consideration of their background history and reason for transfer to rehabilitation.
- Conduct a thorough and independent assessment with formulation of a clinical management plan in consultation with the VMO responsible for the patient.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in all hospital activities.
- Communicate with the patient and their families about their rehabilitation and ongoing goals.
- Review patient progress regularly and communicate any significant changes in patient’s condition to the VMO’s and the interdisciplinary team.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- Medical Degree, and current registration with AHPRA.
- Postgraduate clinical experience to include at least 2 years
- Demonstrated relevant clinical practice at a high standard relevant to the years of experience
- Clinical experience in the management of orthopaedic, neurological and medical conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently utilising skills, judgment and expertise to provide a high standard of patient care to all persons admitted to the unit.
- Demonstrated ability to fulfil the full scope of clinical privileges advertised in the position.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with patients and their families, interdisciplinary team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Committed to the provision of person-centred care and excellent customer service.
- Willingness to participate in the on-call roster (after hours and weekends) and clinical handover process in covering the other units of Royal Rehab.
- Willingness to participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality activities to improve service delivery and patient care.
- Computer literate and ability to work in an expanding computerised environment.
What we offer…
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Salary packaging + benefits
- Values based organisation
If you are interested in joining the team at MetroRehab, APPLY NOW or for more information visit our website - www.metrorehab.com.au
We are committed to provide a safe environment for all our clients and team members. All appointments are made subject to:
- satisfactory Criminal Checks,
- working with children’s check (if applicable)
- immunisation status clearance, including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination.
In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with Royal Rehab, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.
We are proud of our diverse and skilled team of passionate healthcare and support professionals committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. A career at MetroRehab is the opportunity to make a difference with a progressive and innovative organisation, built on a rich history of community care since 1899.