- Permanent Part Time opportunities available due to growth
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 non-taxed!
- Genuine career opportunities
- 24/7 rotating roster
- NSW unrestricted drivers licence - essential
Royal Rehab is a leading provider of rehabilitation services in brain and spinal cord injury. Our services also include neurological and general rehabilitation, supported independent living and specialist disability services. Our vision is a world without limits for people with disability, illness and injury.
Royal Rehab is renowned for our focus on research and innovation and sits uniquely as a provider of advanced rehabilitation and disability services including supported accommodation, private rehabilitation hospitals, a purpose-built resort for people with spinal cord injury and community services.
About the role..
The Support Worker position is pivotal in promoting great outcomes for our customers in maintaining an exceptional quality of life. Become part of our friendly and energetic Disability Services team. Our role is to empower customer to have a fulfilling life, by actively participating in the community and maximising independence, underpinned by our core values of respect, working together, innovative thinking and honesty.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting customers with activities of daily living including but not limited to Personal Care, Manual Handling, Transportation, Shopping, Community Participation, Medication Administration, Health Care Appointments, Domestic and Cleaning Assistance, Cooking and Meal Preparation.
- Providing person centered support as well as utilising a recovery focused approach to support customers to achieve their goals.
- Utilising effective communication skills when interacting with customers, colleagues, supervisors and stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment, unsupervised and working individually to support the needs of our customers.
- Being responsive when dealing with concerns relating to risk and customer care and an understanding of mandatory reporting guidelines.
- Completing customer documentation, key worker reports, person centered plans, risk assessments, incident reports, progress notes etc.
- Working with your Service Manager to identify continuous improvements in regard to customer support needs and service delivery.
- The ability to work across a 24/7 roster with shifts ranging from 3-10 hours, from active overnight shifts, short shifts and split shifts. .
You are a passionate and dedicated individual who is looking to make a difference in the community. As a people person, you pride yourself on exceptional customer service and the ability to provide a high level of support to our customers with complex needs. Your kind and empathetic nature is perfect for supporting customers to achieve their goals and aspirations.
You will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Experience & Qualifications relevant to Disability Support Services, Diploma in Community Service or Certificate III in Disability (advantageous)
- Ability to work within Royal Rehab's value-based framework upholding the values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking.
- Robust understanding of the Disability Standards, and the ability to translate these standards into practice.
- Ability to work in a team & individually
- Driven, energetic & committed
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and reliable (essential)
- Strong computer literacy skills
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or provide medical exemption certificate (essential)
- Current First Aid Certificate (essential)
- Current Unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence (essential)
What's on offer..
- Supportive & experienced leadership team
- Genuine career opportunities
- Salary packaging + benefits
“At the heart of who we are is our desire to make things better and give our patients a better new normal.”
This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on our patients. If this sounds like the perfect role for you, APPLY now using the button below.
For more information about Royal Rehab visit www.royalrehab.com.au
Please note: The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including but not limited to a current criminal record check (no older than 3 months), working with children check, employment history and referee checks. We do not provide sponsorship and no agencies please.
*All final applicants for this position will be requested to provide evidence of their current COVID-19 vaccination immunisation record or medical exemption certificate as part of the recruitment process*