Royal Rehab continues to monitor developments, take precautionary measures and strictly follow the guidelines of relevant authorities including the NSW Ministry of Health with regard to COVID-19. The health and wellbeing of our clients, staff members and the wider community is our top priority. Please read the important information below. To maximize safety for all during this period, some of our services are temporarily suspended or replaced with telehealth (digital alternatives to face-to-face sessions). Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any assistance.
Please do not visit our facilities, including Weemala Buildings 1 and 2, if:
- You feel unwell in any way,
- You have been to any of the locations or travelled on nominated public transport routes, during the time and date indicated, in the “Self-isolate and get tested immediately if you’ve been to these locations” or “Monitor for symptoms if you’ve been to these locations” or “Public transport routes” tables at NSW Government – Latest news and updates.
- You have travelled internationally in the last 14 days,
- You have visited any of the NSW hotspots as identified on the Australian Government website https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates,
- You have travelled to any of the interstate locations identified as having restrictions on the NSW Government website https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules/border-restrictions.
- You have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
We encourage you to phone or use electronic devices to communicate with your loved ones instead.
Visitors entering our facilities must practice the following precautions:
- Practice social distancing – stay 1.5 metres from others.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Regularly use hand sanitizer which is available throughout our facilities.
Visitor Number Limits at Royal Rehab Ryde campus:
- Patients may have two (2) visitors onsite during visiting hours.
Visiting hours are strictly limited to:
- Monday to Friday between 12.00pm and 7.00pm
- Weekends and Public Holidays between 12.00pm and 7.00pm
Please note, our visitor guidelines could change at any time.
For residents, family and friends of Disability Services, please click here for the latest COVID-19 message including visiting hours and restrictions.
At Royal Rehab, we recognise that visitors are an important part of the recovery process and we welcome family, friends and well-wishers to our facility. However, our hospital is first and foremost a place of treatment and recovery, so we ask that visitors always keep this in mind. Adhering to the following guidelines and our visiting hours helps to ensure the needs of our patients are respected and our hospital continues to operate as smoothly as possible.
Guidelines for Visitors
Phone Before Visit
Visit Outside of Therapy Times
Wash Your Hands
Respect the Equipment
Contacting a Patient
Each room in Royal Rehab Private Hospital has an individual phone line. Patients and next of kin are provided this direct number upon admission. To phone a patient in Royal Rehab Private, please call our main reception desk on 02 9809 6071, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am and 4.30pm, and request to be put through.
Please note that there are no direct lines to patients in our Spinal Injury Unit or Brain Injury Unit. We recommend you contact the next of kin or alternatively, you can call the nurses’ station and staff will assist where possible.