Attention Visitors and Clients
Royal Rehab continues to monitor developments, take precautionary measures and strictly follow the guidelines of relevant authorities including the NSW Ministry of Health with regard to COVID-19. The health and wellbeing of our clients, staff members and the wider community is our top priority. Please read the important information below. To maximize safety for all during this period, some of our services are temporarily suspended or replaced with telehealth (digital alternatives to face-to-face sessions). Please feel free to contact us if we can be of any assistance.
Visitor restrictions at all our facilities
Please do not visit any of our facilities if:
- You feel unwell in any way,
- You have been in or through Victoria in the last 14 days,
- You have been to locations within South Australia or New Zealand where you were instructed to self-isolate and get testing in the last 14 days. South Australian locations can be found here https://tinyurl.com/y64ap3qe. New Zealand locations can be found here https://tinyurl.com/y5w7fthf.
- You have been to any of the locations or travelled on nominated public transport routes, during the time and date indicated, in the “Self-isolate and get tested immediately if you’ve been to these locations” or “Monitor for symptoms if you’ve been to these locations” or “Public transport routes” tables at NSW Government – Latest news and updates.
- You have travelled internationally in the last 14 days,
- You have visited any of the NSW hotspots as identified on the Australian Government website https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates,
- If you have a member of the family who in the last 14 days has been in or through Victoria, or travelled internationally, or to any of the hotspots, and you assist them with daily tasks,
- You have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- You are under 16 years of age.
We encourage you to phone or use electronic devices to communicate with your loved ones instead.
Visitors entering our facilities must practice the following precautions:
- Wear a face mask (a cloth mask is suitable). After putting it on to cover your nose and mouth, do not touch the front of the mask and remove it using the ear loops or head straps. Dispose of the mask into a waste bin and perform hand hygiene with soap and water or alcohol hand rub.
- Practice social distancing – stay 1.5 metres from others.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Regularly use hand sanitizer which is available throughout our facilities.
Visitor Number Limits and Hours – at Royal Rehab campus
- Patients can nominate three (3) visitors who can visit for the duration of each patient’s admission.
- Each patient is permitted to have one (1) nominated visitor at a time.
Visiting hours are strictly limited to:
- Monday to Friday between 3.00pm and 7.00pm.
- Weekends between 1.00pm and 7.00pm
Please note, our visitor guidelines could change at any time.
For visitor restrictions in our Disability Services homes, please click here.
We encourage you to regularly check the NSW Health website for updates on COVID-19. Visit Novel coronavirus COVID-19- Find the Facts’ page or https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx.
You can also contact the Australian Government’s National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Case Study by Dr Tram Bui, Senior Rehabilitation Specialist and VMO at Royal Rehab Background: Helen, aged 74, presented with a six-month history of progressive
Did you catch us on 7NEWS Sydney? The launch of our program for people with Parkinson’s disease at Royal Rehab Private Hospital was featured. A
We all know exercise is important for general well-being, but for people with Parkinson’s disease it’s vital. Royal Rehab Private Hospital is proud to launch